Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC VARICAM:Panasonic Varicam ForumPanasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: URGENT Varicam/1200A Frame Rate Problem Update

COW Forums : Panasonic VariCam

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

john sharafRe: URGENT Varicam/1200A Frame Rate Problem Update
by on Oct 31, 2004 at 3:51:48 am

Ray,

There does seem to be a problem with the DV cards!

From my understanding of Firewire devices, and Steve Mahrer's statement (above) it is fair to assume that the hot patching should be possible and should not harm the board.

There apparently is some issue of inserting the connector upside down, and while I don't believe that that was the case with my failure, or with yours for that matter, I can see how it "might" be possible when reaching around back in a crowded rack or shelf to make and/or break a connection, and also how a rental user who is unfamiliar with the setup could mistakenly do so.

Obviously, you and I and I'll bet a lot of others who read these posts will be more careful in the future with their Firewire cards and will probably power down before connecting as a precaution; I will be warning my rental customers to do so. I think that Panasonic however should publish a warning, issue stickers with a warning to be affixed to machines and/or generally make an effort to inform the fleet of this problem. I have spoken with Steve (by email) and I am reassured by his promise to get to the bottom of this.

Everyone who uses the Firewire card beware!

JS

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]