Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC VARICAM:Panasonic Varicam ForumPanasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Looking to shoot some specs in 24P with the SDX900

COW Forums : Panasonic VariCam

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve MahrerRe: Looking to shoot some specs in 24P with the SDX900
by on May 18, 2004 at 11:00:45 am

Michael:

>>>>>>>RE: What is the format it shoots on? Is it DVCPRO50? I'm a little confused between DVCPRO, 25, and 50.
Is DVCPRO the equivilant to Mini-DV
DVCPRO25:DV-CAM?
DCDPRO50:Digi-Beta?>>>>>

DVCPRO is the ENG format that uses the standard DV CODEC (4:1:1) @ 5:1 compression at 25Mb/s. FYI DV/ DVCAM /DVCPRO all basically use the same (DV)CODEC, just they differ in terms of tape format. DV uses 10um tracks on ME tape, DVCAM uses 15um track on ME tape, DVCPRO uses the more robust MP tape and 18um tracks. DVCPRO is by default 25Mb/s, we do not thus call it DVCPRO 25, but it really is.

DVCPRO 50 is a 4:2:2 sampled 3.3:1 compressed 50Mb/s production format, it has beeen tested by the SMPTE / EBU and found to be essentially indentical to DigiBeta.

Both can be imported into FCP over IEEE1394, FCP 4.0 added DV50 capability to its repetoire in 2003. Editing FCP / DV 50 would thus maintain camera original quality until you perform some effect or CC.

Steve Mahrer (Panasonic)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]