Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC VARICAM:Panasonic Varicam ForumPanasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Need HD Post-Production Help (Varicam footage)

COW Forums : Panasonic VariCam

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

GaryRe: Need HD Post-Production Help (Varicam footage)
by on Nov 21, 2003 at 5:45:03 am

Thanks everyone for their help.

I believe my main issue lies with the fact that I didn't research as in depth as I should have from pre-production. Being the writer/director/producer/editor of this film, I had the mentality of crossing the bridge when I get there.

Well, I'm there, and I should have taken more time to think it through as I relied on the camera technician and DP to make the decisions.

So basically, I want to use the offline edit (29.97) to shop around to film festivals. I'd love to use the Sound Design and Music (29.97) files for the film. If there's interest, and if the festival requires HDCAM vs. DVD, then I have to go online. Which at that time, I will upconvert the Varicam footage to 1080i, then edit and output to HDCAM.

As you've stated, the 29.97 files won't conform with the 23.976 online edit.....so is the next step just spending a lot of time/$$ at the HD post-house tweaking everything until it's right? Or am I basically screwed?

The good things is, I can live with shopping around the offline edit (the images are that good). :)

I think my biggest concern is when I need to go back on-line, if there will be no way to do it (b/c of the 29.97 vs 23.976 issue), or....there is a way, but it'll just cost more money and time.

So bottome line, should I just have the sound design and music be delievered to me in 29.97 non-dropped?

thanks a million!!
Gary

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]