Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Which Format ??The Unanswered Question

COW Forums : Corporate Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

HazeRe: Which Format ??The Unanswered Question
by on Apr 12, 2002 at 4:20:05 pm

Ahh Yes but once the signal leaves the player how does it reach the screen ?

My company does mainly spot work, but a few times a year we produce show elements for corporate theatre. Acquisition is typically on HD 24p downconverted for editorial. Because I have a strong background in AV staging we offer "staging management" as a service to our clients (basically consulting). As a third party between the clients and the staging company I can offer the client valuable input in assuring the quality of the show. I have never done a show that didn't utilize component video throughout the signal chain. I spec the highest quality equipment for video (Digital Projections PJ's, Folsom Research scan converters/switcher). Playback is on Betacam SP although I'm trying desperately to bump this up to Digibeta. The fact is that the client spent a lot of money producing the show elements. They deserve to be displayed in a high quality manner. If the staging budget is tight I will cut from other areas (lighting, fewer cams, etc.) rather than video.

I've gone back and beefed up many staging budgets to improve the video quality and never had an issue with a client. Then again, I'm doing 2 or 3 shows a year and your probably doing 40.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]