Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

I Don't Get It I Just Don't Get It ( An Andy Rant)

COW Forums : Corporate Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andy StintonI Don't Get It I Just Don't Get It ( An Andy Rant)
by on Apr 5, 2002 at 8:54:33 pm

I read and read ad nauseum about which is the best system to have… clients who only will use a production company if it’s an Avid suite blah blah blah. The impression I’m getting is that we all need to rush out and get our HD suites or watch our business sink below Clinton’s morals.

Maybe I live in a colloquial backwater but let me pose some questions.

How much of these super spiffy new real time uncompressed with added vitamin C tools are actually used in the production of your average corporate video?

How many companies are using high def?

How many require their video on DVD?

How much of the average blab and gab video uses anymore than cuts and fades?

How many of those prized videos end up on an old combo unit in the corner of a training room??

I see the editing suite as a tool, the same way as I see a pencil and paper as the basis for great artwork. I also see them as a profit center.

Yes I did get sucked into the Media 100 (my suites) is going out of business vortex for awhile . Then I realized that the Media 100, warts and all, makes me money and fulfills most of my clients needs.

My clients are mainly content guys for which I and my staff need to understand their message very well. No amount of super real time uncompressed HD 30000 gig stuff will help me there . In fact my clients could care less how I make their video’s, but more about the delivery of the message.

Am I missing something? Should I be investing money in these new technologies which in turn will boost my business?

I intend (unless someone can make me see the light) to use my Media 100 until such time as they become unable to fulfill my clients demands …..but then again I’m English and we still believe cricket is a world game !!!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]